Gardens are becoming increasingly popular
Gardens are becoming increasingly popular among the people at large. Nowadays, everybody likes to have a garden in front of their house, which is also good from the perspective of the environment. Many people who don’t have enough space for a garden in front of the house maintain a small garden on the roof or balcony, or they sometimes grow a number of plants in various planters. Whatever may be the case, the thing is that plants are loved and grown by almost all, whether it may be in the form of a garden or a collection of plants grown in planters. Now, when there are plants, they need proper care and maintenance. This makes the use of garden tools a necessity for nurturing or caring the plants.
Garden tools are quite in demand these days due to the increase in the number of people maintaining their own gardens. But, generally people get confused in deciding which garden tools are necessary and which not. Here, we are mentioning five popular garden tools that are considered appropriate for everyday care of the garden:
(1) Trowel: Trowel is a tool that is used in many construction activities also, but here we are talking about the garden trowel. This tool possesses a curved blade and a short but well grip handle, usually wooden handle. Trowels come in basically two shapes, i.e., flat and curved. This garden tool is meant for activities like planting, soil leveling, potting, and soil preparation.
(2) Spade: Spades are specialized garden tools having a narrow headed blade, attached with a long metal shaft, usually 28 to 48 inches long. The pointed head blade of the spade is ideal to work between plants and near the borders and other such places in the garden wherever neatness is required. This tool is generally used for digging, planting, and cultivating purposes.
(3) Weeder: Garden weeder is a tool with a long handle and a perpendicularly attached sharp blade. This tool is very effective in removing weeds from the garden bed or even out of some hard surfaced areas like the brick walkway. The ergonomic design of this tool allows the user to perform weeding and other gardening tasks without the need to stoop or making excessive physical effort.
(4) Rake: This tool appears to be a broom at the first sight, but it’s much more than it. It is basically a long handled tool with a head attached to one of its ends, having protruded teeth, which are usually made from carbon steel. The main functions of this garden tool include scarifying, removing fallen leaves, raking gravel, and soil leveling and preparation. Rake has two primary variants, the lawn rake and the gardener rake.
(5) Fork: Garden fork, as the name suggests, is a sturdy tool, usually made of stainless steel or iron, having thick, but sharp prongs attached to its head. It possesses a fine-grip and ergonomic handle on the end opposite to the head part. This tool is designed to provide optimum leverage with minimal effort. Fork is very helpful in performing gardening activities like raising, piercing, and digging. It is also considered quite effective in removing the perennial weeds.